Tuesday 30 August 2011

Judy's affordable vintage fair

Yesterday we ventured out to Spitalfields market to explore the treats of Judy's affordable vintage fair. It was buzzing and filled with goodies. Vintage scarves, shoes, bags, blouses, sequenced dresses, tea cups, furniture they had it all! It was very reasonably priced, I brought myself a carpet pattern bag for ten pounds. Apparently it will be on for the next few bank holidays! It had a great atmosphere, it was laid back, no forceful selling and the displays that people had done were really cute.
There is a real love of crochet going on at the moment. I thought I was the only child that had a black and bright coloured square blanket made for them by the Grandma but apparently not!
There is also a new found love for the 60s, not that it faded, I think its my favourite era, it seems everything from the prints to the shift dresses are having quite a revival.
I can't wait for the next vintage fair at Spitalfields!

No comments:

Post a Comment